Tuk Tuk in Krabi
– up to 5 pax in a Tuk Tuk
– a must try for children as they will enjoy the ride !
– 20B pp around aonang town
– some didn’t charge Asher
– speak very little English
– bad experiences where he just dropped us somewhere
– can bargain a bit, only do this during low season
– there are sign board with charges
– otherwise, stay near aonang beach. Save on Tuk Tuk fee
Boating / Island Hopping in Krabi with children
Fee & Operator
– more expensive during peak seasons. – Charge very little for kids under 3yo
– some have very bad reviews for this operator. Luckily we got a nice tour guide.
What to bring and what to wear?
– a waterproofed bag
– swimdress for me with a very light weight chiffon top
– swim costume for Asher
– swim pants for daddy and a T-Shirt
– sunblock, you will need to keep applying to prevent sunburn
– slippers, preferably crocs looking soft sandals that you can wear underwater as the pebbles are sharp
– life jackets for kid
– water proof pouch for phones and camera
– our breakfast, 150B – 250B each
– our dinner, 200B – 1250B
– clean and safe to eat
– seafood is very fresh
– generous, big portion
– street food away from the “crowd” is more expensive
– don’t miss the fresh coconut
– no much food/breakfast choices in the morning
– Burger King operating hour start from 9am except Fri to Sun 24H
– Mac is 24H
– There are Black Canyon, Starbucks, Subways, Macdonald’s, Burger King, Haagen Dazs, Moovenpick, if you must know
– must try : pancake 20B and up, Pad Thai by street hawkers
– Restaurants by the beach to view sunset at “seafood food street”
– At the other end will be all the stalls for “massage by the sea”
– Aonang is a very small town so after 3 plus ( no more hot sun ) can walk around the town.
– drink and food are almost the same prices and I wonder…
Overall, our trip was wonderful! Maybe we expected less and didn’t do much planning. Reading up more about the place and reviews from good travel site is a must as most of them shared good tips and advices. Will we go back? Definitely !
We are very happy to have celebrated Asher’s 3rd birthday in a special way. He already told us what he wanted for his next birthday, maybe he didn’t really mean it but we will surely try to fulfill his small wishes.