Chicken – 2 pcs boneless chicken thigh, cut into medium large cube
Shiitake Mushroom – half pk
Chinese Sausages – 3, farmer-styled
Marinate chicken with ingredients below. I always use a ziplock bag to minimize cleaning. 😜
Spring onion – 2 stalks, chopped
Garlic – 2 table spoon, chopped
Dark sauce – 2 tablespoon
Rice wine – 2 tablespoons
Sesame oil – 2 teaspoons
All spices powder – 1 teaspoon
1. Marinate chicken cubes for at least 30mins.
2. Stir fried the chicken cubes and chinese sausages, followed by shiitake mushroom for 5 – 10 mins, medium high heat.
3. Wash and rinse 2 cups of rice.
4. Turn off the heat and place the half cooked chicken, sausages and mushrooms on the rice.
5. Add water/leftover marinated sauce into the rice pot, make sure the level is over the rice and half covering the ingredients.
6. Cook the rice.
I’m using Tefal rice cooker, so I use expert mode. To have the charred rice at the bottom aka 锅巴, do not stir/mix them after the rice is cooked completely, press reheat instead. At this point, you may also taste a bit and if you wanna add dark sauce, make sure you add little water to have it more diluted before pouring, ratio 1:2
Sometimes, I choose to “re-cook” instead of reheat, especially when I think I have added too much water.
Remember to sprinkle spring onion and prepare chili padi in dark sauce before serving. Happy Cooking !